I was nominated forThe Liebster Award by my best mate Cazz who blogs at http://thecazzbar.blogspot.co.uk/ I have known her for some 5 years and met her on twitter. The nomination works on various sets of rules but these are the ones we seem to be following:
- I won Battle of the Sexes quiz many years ago on Gary Davies Radio show (Radio 1 circa 1988)
- I used to be the membership secretary for "The Guild of Fan and Disciples" the Terry Pratchett fan club
- I also occasionally build model kits
- I passed my driving test on the first attempt.
- I have a tattoo on my right shoulder
- The first time I flew I was 32
- I wanted to be a fighter pilot, but in my day women weren't allowed to
- I have Elvira - Mistress of the Dark autograph and on the reverse is a photo of her signing the photo I have the autograph on
- it's 10 months since I last had a haircut (it'll probably be another 10 before I get round it)
- I'm the techy person in our house
- I can't abide hard boiled eggs
WOW!!! that is hard to do.
Now for the questions
Question 1 what's the weather like where you are RIGHT now? Come on, up off your chair and go look... At the moment dry and dark, but by goodness the rain has been torrential today
Question 2 where is your favourite place to go on holiday? - Greece, mainland Greece an area called the Pelopenese and a town called Tolon
Question 3 How many rooms in your home? 5 plus landing and stairs
Question 4 what's your favourite colour? - PURPLE - but you all knew that
Question 5 what was your last blog post about and why did you write it? - last blogpost was about a Design Team Tag, I wrote it so there was something to show those wanting to play along and so they knew what I'd done.
Question 6 You can have 4 guests for dinner (alive or dead) - who would you choose and why? - Peter Ustinov for his anecdotes and witty reparte, Audrey Hepburn for the glamour and because she's my Shero! I love her films and the work she did for Unicef, Stephen Fry, again for the tales and to raise the tone of the evening and finally Kylie Minogue, she just seems to be so genuine and after the battle with Breast Cancer and overcoming it to come back better than ever, that and she's an inch shorter than me so I won't be the shortest person in the room
Question 7 what was the last song you listened to? - Radio GaGa by Queen, I have the radio on in the car all the time, but couldn't tell you what was on as I pulled up at the house, the Queen track was on at lunch time and being my favourite band, the rasio went right up and I sang along like a loon
Question 8 favourite film of all time - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Question 9 red? white? rose? Always Red
Question 10 name of your first school and your favourite teacher, Bamber Bridge Methodist School, Mr Rainton
Question 11 (and the last one, you'll be happy to know) what is YOUR best feature / attribute? - I have no idea, before I put the weight on I would have said my size it hadn't changed since I was a teen, now I wouldn't know. I'm guessing those of you that know me will have your own thoughts on that.
I won't be nominating onwards, but I look forward to reading your comments/responses to what I have written.