Well I decided to bite the bullet and went for it. I had been sent a set of Borderabilities Bracket Borders 1 to use for DT work for CraftSite who I've been designing for since last summer (youwill find full instructions and materials list on their blog). I really wanted to do a Sue and the bracket borders were a fab die to try with as they are interchangeable anyway and allow flexibility to start with, so turning them 90 degrees for all four sides couldn't be that hard could it? Well, as it turned out, just a little tricky lining up the pattern on the ends of the fancy one. To really do it justice you have to over lap the smaller patterned area and this went ok for three corners, it gives a whole new shape, but one corner wasn't quite lined up right, but that left a space for a bow.
I used the KanBan backing card working on the theory that if it worked it would be an ace frame and colour combo for a wedding card, if it didn't work I could gut it and still use the card as a matt later.
I hope you like the finished article as I am very pleased that I managed to do a Sue. Try it, it does wonders for your confidence, even if it doesn't work, you've had the courage to try, and the worst that can happen is you lose a piece of card.
|The Overall Card|
|Closer on the Matt|
|The Matt as it turned out works really well|