Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Wisdom = keeping schtum

This canvas was done to enter the Swanstitch challenge over at Arty Inklings a few twitter buddies were discussing it on Saturday morning and I thought the idea was a good one.

I started by trying to get the streaky background - easy when you don't want to, darned tricky when you do. I used dark blue paint at the top and gradually lightened it as I went down the canvas until I got to "ground" level where I added in green.

I then mixed Grunge paste with granite paint and using an acetate stencil I made from the Tim Holtz die - man with brolly, and used for the Roman Letters (I think) to look like the letters were raining down.  Finally I stamped the sentiment from PaperArtsy set HPXT04.









7 comments:

massofhair said...

Fantastic colours here Jax, great canvas:-)

sam21ski said...

Oooh fab take on the canvas Jax

Godda love the umbrella man, he looks great on anything!!!

Sam xxx

Cazz said...

Looks amazing kiddo x

Sarah Dunkley said...

Love the graduation of colour! xxx

Helen said...

I love this, Jax, the colour is gorgeous! Love that sentiment.

isisimaginings.com said...

Wow, that's gorgeous, the colours are fab.

Anita Abercrombie said...

Gorgeous Jax, thanks so much for taking part!!
Anita x