Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dragon's Dream TIO DT Piece - Q and Gold

This time round is the super talented Julie-Ann choosing the theme, Julie-Ann is another of my twitter buddies as well as fellow DT member.

I wanted to go "Quirky" so promptly spent an hour going through various boxes of stamps, gave up as I had way too much choice and went and had a brew!

After said brew, I took the bull by the horns and went for - yes, you guessed it - the first stamp plate I looked at.  Clearly clothes shopping rules apply when one selects stamps too.

Stamp chosen - Emily from the Steampunk Sarah and Emily set from Doolally pap (gotta love a firm called that!!).  I stamped her in Black Versafine and coloured in with Distress markers,  I find these are better for me than alcohol pens, and goodness knows I've tried.

I then used Spellbinders Embossabilities birdies folder directly onto the tag, and then used frayed burlap DI followed by Treasure Gold Renaissance.  I then stamped over this in frayed burlap theh script from HP1006 from PaperArtsy.

I then cut some flourishes from my spellbinder dies in a really awful floral paper I got in a job lot, but cut down like this it's bearable (just).

I cut the word from gold(ish) pearlescent paper with a Tattered Lace alphabet die and mounted this onto a scrap of backing paper to make a label.

I then assembled the components and added a distresssed navy flower which I altered the silver glitter centre to Gold using glitter and Cosmic Shimmer Glue (I attempted a dome, but it sank).







11 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Really love it Jax. Dark colours are a fab contrast. Love the bird and the background. Another fun stamp as well. X

Julie Lee said...

Great work, Jax! I love the embossing and the contrast! That little girl in the 'topper' is so cute, especially with the birdie on her head! Love this! Julie Ann xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, she's definitely quirky!! I love that flower, too - it's lush!

Keren Baker said...

Love unique art- the background is beautiful! Love the girl!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous tag. Fabulous image and wonderful textured background.

massofhair said...

Love your Doolally Pip stamps, they are fabulous. Only have one set but am hoping to get more. Love Lindsay's designs, not far off Stampotique characters!

Beautiful embossed background to your superb Tag, love it!!! X

Deborah Wainwright said...

I love your Tag Jax it is so full of fun. Great colours and your feature stamp great xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Jax, the focal image looks great against that fab background.

craftimamma said...

The background looks great Jax and your main image is such fun. Reminds me of Darcy, lol!

I'm finally having a bit of a blog catch up :-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Annie said...

Perfectly quirky! Your tag is sweet and so delightful.

Dianne said...

Hello Jacqui, I love your tag all that embossed gold background is lovely and that girl with her bird top hat is Quirky and too cute, love the flower, thanks for sharing, have a wonderful week..