Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Dragon's Dream TIO DT Piece - Rock n Roll

My turn for the recipe this time, I went with R and Music.  I have loved music all my life and will listen to anything.  My record (yes vinyl) and CD collections will lay testament to that.  I only object to that gangsta rubbish that calls itself dance music, you can't dance to it!

I started by going large, the full 12" remix version for me this time and got out the largest size tag I have which is from PaperArtsy and I'm sure Helen  could tell you the exact size and dimensions lol.

I embossed it with spellbinders embossability aptly titled music, and randomly blended in Distress ink in Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans, Spun Sugar and shaded lilac, as I wanted that 50's bubblegum type look to it.  I used KanBan for the stamps, the music notes and piano keys, which I stamped in Versafine Onyx black.  I again went to KanBan as I had had these toppers representing images that epitomised Rock n Roll and the record.

Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Dragon's Dream TIO DT Piece - Q and Gold

This time round is the super talented Julie-Ann choosing the theme, Julie-Ann is another of my twitter buddies as well as fellow DT member.

I wanted to go "Quirky" so promptly spent an hour going through various boxes of stamps, gave up as I had way too much choice and went and had a brew!

After said brew, I took the bull by the horns and went for - yes, you guessed it - the first stamp plate I looked at.  Clearly clothes shopping rules apply when one selects stamps too.

Stamp chosen - Emily from the Steampunk Sarah and Emily set from Doolally pap (gotta love a firm called that!!).  I stamped her in Black Versafine and coloured in with Distress markers,  I find these are better for me than alcohol pens, and goodness knows I've tried.

I then used Spellbinders Embossabilities birdies folder directly onto the tag, and then used frayed burlap DI followed by Treasure Gold Renaissance.  I then stamped over this in frayed burlap theh script from HP1006 from PaperArtsy.

I then cut some flourishes from my spellbinder dies in a really awful floral paper I got in a job lot, but cut down like this it's bearable (just).

I cut the word from gold(ish) pearlescent paper with a Tattered Lace alphabet die and mounted this onto a scrap of backing paper to make a label.

I then assembled the components and added a distresssed navy flower which I altered the silver glitter centre to Gold using glitter and Cosmic Shimmer Glue (I attempted a dome, but it sank).

Saturday, 3 May 2014

Inspired By Cazz -#3UP newbie

I failed to make the cut for #3UP this time, loved every minute of it last year and aim to try again later in the year, my heartiest congratulations go to those that did get through and for the tremendous makes you all made. For one in particular, my best mate Cazz, whom I  met on twitter about 4 years ago.  We chat on BBM mainly now, and we craft along at opposite ends of the country via BBM.  The marvels of modern technology.

For this make I used a Tando Creatives Stationery chest, and following construction (not the easiest thing to build) I based the exterior in  Do Craft white acrylic, and the interior in pale blue.  I then covered the exterior in Do Craft Lilac acrylic and got out some stencils and got busy with Grunge Paste.

I then walked away as I had no idea where it was going, the only thing I was sure of was the stamp I wanted to use.

Following a trip to B&Q to purchase door knobs, I set about painting in.  The sides were covered in a mash up of Chutney, Seaweed, Chartreuse and Limelight Frescos.  The birds I painted in Space Cadet.  The top was a mash up of Space Cadet, Beach Hut, and Chartreuse.  The fronts of the drawers were lilac, Chartreuse and limelight.

I then covered the dragonfly and the flower seed heads in Green Amethyst TG and the birds in Sapphire. and stamped the sentiment from ELB05

Thanks again to all the #3UPers for their fab makes this week.  Here's to the next round

Emergency Crafters 999 Challenge DT Piece - Shabby Chic Plaque

For this month's challenge I decided to go non card and did a hanging plaque made of papier mache.

I coated it with a spare dollop of a colour mix OH had from doing a base for his models.  I then used PaperArtsy crackle glaze followed by Sage Fresco Finish and left it to do it's stuff whilst deciding on stamps.
I used the trellis work from JoFYo10 in Olive Versa (the pearly dew drop shaped inks).  Added some Burlap and crocheted lace, a few flowers and stamped the sentiment from HPX04 onto a Kraft Card Tag cut with Quick Cutz nesting tags die.  I used Black Versafine for this with frayed burlap DI around the edge.

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Altered Eclectics DT Piece - Borg pencil pot

For this I used a blank MDF man pencil pot - below

and based it in Chalk Fresco Finish with washes of Seaweed, Limelight and Chartreuse to get this finish.

I then used a Crafters Workshop subway stencil with Grunge Paste to get a circuit board feel.

Then I went a bit mental with the following frescos Inky Pool,Beach Hut, Seaweed and  Chartreuse.  Then traced a track all the way round the pot, to look like the hive mind communication system with Crawford and Black metallic Copper paint.