Saturday 25 August 2012

A curious piece of art work

The project below was done as an experiment for me, but was also done for a DT that sadly is no longer running.

I used a 4X4 inch glass picture frame and covered the non aperture area in metallic paint (to be honest it didn't work too well and had to be done several times to get a decent coverage).  I then went to work with my scissors  on a sheet of Graphic 45 Olde Shop of Curiosities.  

Have you now recovered from that revelation, coz I'm damn sure I haven't.  It still smarts!!!!!

I used the boot (another fixation of mine according to the OH) as the central image and used various bits n pieces of the paper to add interest.  I used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape down the right hand side and some metal letters to spell curious in a bit of a random way.  Grunge board for the key coloured with acrylic paint and dirtied down with distress inks, the lock was a brad that I cut the lugs off.  The eyes of the Moth above the aperture were given the glossy accent treatment and the ribbon is from 7 Gypsies (I think).

The tag is a wooden embellishment I had sprayed with cosmic shimmers ages ago to use at some point with the eyetest sticker added and sepia accents were added to dull it down

Cue boring amount of photos:











No comments: