Sunday 26 August 2012

The end of a most trying week


So far this year has been full of ups and downs of mammoth proportions.  Andrew was invited to the Royal Garden Party in May, massive high, sadly his grandad died the day we got back, massive low.

We muddled through and had got back to some semblance of order and I had got back to work.

I got us tickets to celebrate the Paralympic flame at Beamish on Friday evening, saw a young man who had been an Olympic torch bearer, massive high point.





Sadly this had been marred by the news earlier in the week that my post is to be "disestablished" and therefore I would be placed into redeployment with the prospect of redundancy, massive low blow.

I still had my stall at a music festival to look forward to.  So Saturday morning began with the forecasted overcast drizzly weather, but being stout northern folk off we set.  we got the stall set up under the cover stand area, just unloaded everything and taken my pics to tweet and load on here when the rain really started to come down.

The organisers then moved us stall holders into the 2nd music stage tent, where at least it was dry and we could also enjoy the music.  This was great news, apart from by 3pm and after hearing 3 bands and seeing about 15 people (most of which were stall holders and other band members) we packed up to come home with not a single sale to show for it.

This was my final low blow.











1 comment:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Boo .... it works for me! lol