Saturday 23 February 2013

Alpha Chellenge - H

For this time's challenge i am using the word Hotchpotch,  because I think describes my stamp collection extremely well along with my crafting style.  I use a Hotchpotch of techniques and manufacturers.  I enjoy playing with stamps, inks paints and in the main getting messy.

I started by trying to highlight the word with clear embossing powder, but I think a combination of the thickness of the page and age of the paper meant this didn't work as well as expected, but we persevere on, don't we?

I then used a variety of distress and pigment pads combined with a dry baby wipe to create the background, I then splatted some distress stains on.  Once all of this was dry I went bonkers grabbing different manufacturer stamps and different styles of image to create a Hotchpotch page.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


5 comments:

Helen said...

great idea, Jax!! love the different stamped images.

Scrapmate said...

What an original choice of word.

Maggie said...

Hotchpotch what a fabulous word and great pages for this word

MaggieH

Sylvia said...

A fantastic take on an unusual word, love it1

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

Great choice of word
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy