Monday 14 May 2012

DC & Marvel

The two cards below have been made using the DC & Marvel Comic kits from Hobby Habit and Create and Craft. Sadly it would appear that these didn't grab the "average" crafter's eye and they have not, as far as I am aware, released anymore, which for me, really is a shame!  My husband runs a Model Club the Film and Television Model Club who are celebrating their 20th anniversary in September of this year, the Publication Drone, which is their magazine, is the longest running of it's type in the world (we believe). 

Many Dronettes are massive comic book fans and with all the movie tie-ins over the past two or three years, I assumed it would walk.  Sadly that does not appear to be the case, however, I did manage to get several of each of the kits and have made the cards below for Dronettes birthdays. 




For the penguin card, I added a wall decal for the main image and think putting it on the blue acetate really lift's the image.

I hope you like the cards, and I hope there are more people around who don't want the main stream teddies and flowers, but like the odd and off the wall too.



1 comment:

Carole Z said...

Gadzooks Jax, super cards.. I agree about these sets, I bought them too and they sell really well, it's such a shame not be be able to get them any more, Carole Z X