Friday 4 May 2012

Fashionable Birthday

For this card I began with a Craftwork Cards 8X8 backing paper in a dusky rose, I picked the fashion theme as most girlies have an interest in clothes.  I also went for ppink and black as my Monochromatic theme as black and white is so passe.  I made the black tag by laying a tag over it and cutting round the black card.  I added to this an image from a scraps collection, I then added ribbon and a button.  I had some tickets that are ancient train tickets (long story, but I have), these I layered behind the tag to give the illusion they were tickets for a fashion show! Ahhh I hear you all say now!  I distressed everything down with Black Soot Distress inks and layered the card up.

I then went lookinh High and low for the image I knew I had for the focalpoint, took a while, but it was in black and white so I used Milled lavender to tie it in withthe colour scheme.  It's a Kanban Image if you're wondering.  I then added a Kanban sentiment. et voila! as they say somewhere or other.



I am entering this card for the following challenges:








8 comments:

JayBe said...

A great fashion themed card, Jacqui - a lovely colour scheme and the black distress ink just finishes it off nicely. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Jan xx

Shell said...

Totally gorjuss card hun, thanks for joning us at Polkadoodles this week.
Shell xx

Laney said...

Super card!!thanks for joining us at Diva's this time
hugs
laney

Michelle Looi said...

I love distress inks too! Nice touch of pink
Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
~Michelle

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me with this awesome creation. Hugs...Mona

norine said...

Great card!! Love the soft, subtle coloring!! So glad you joined us at Polka Doodles this week!!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Fabby card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.