Sunday 6 May 2012

I should stop getting ideas

Well, I should, I should also stop watching TV as most of my stupid isdeas come from there!  This Tag is no exception.  I was watching the queen of the brayer, Barbara Gray in her usual Sunday slot this morning, and she did a technique with bubble wrap.  Well having a model builder in the house, there is always some luing around.  Now I'm not a complete fool, we just don't know which bit is missing, so I thought I would start small, and do a Tag.

I inked up the buble wrap with versamark and blobbed it around the tag randomly, I then used Adirondak dye based inks, stonewashed and red pepper to brayer over. This left the bubbles in white as per resist techniques, I then spritzed cosmic shimmer and glimmer mists randomly ito a plastic box lid and "dunked" the bubblewrap in that then used that to over stamp the brayered work.  I then used cosmic shimmer as a gentle mist over the top of the lot.

I then got out my Icons of London stamps from Clarity Stamp and stamped them in Adirondak Archival black around the tag.  I did a few buses and a few phone boxes, coz there are more than one of each in London!

Hope you like it.


I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges









15 comments:

Helen said...

I love using bubble wrap and you've obviously been bitten by the bug - just wait! Your tag looks great.

Faye said...

I love this tag fab colour and stamp choice as well Faye x

Shirl said...

All that work paid off Jacqui because you have ended up with one very stunning looking tag

Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.

Hugs Shirley x x

Kate said...

Great tag! Thanks for sharing with us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

stampingbowd said...

What a fun tag! We never know where our ideas will end up, do we???!!! You had a stunning one with this one!!! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends!

Pat said...

Excellent collage. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Leah's crafts said...

Wow this is superb .. I tell you that barbara grey has a lot to answer for lol .
Thanks for joining us at atcs and cards with attitude x

Carole Z said...

Superb Jax! I was watching Barbara yesterday and thinking..hmm must try that :) I saw her demo live for the first time at Ally Pally this year and was mesmerised...Carole Z X

suzARTe said...

hi Jax,

this London cool is just super, I love the technique that you have used and the London stamps randomly stamped looks fantastic.

I was hoping that someone would share a travel themed project. Just incase you want to enter again the challenge this month is Anything goes or travel stories or anything to do with travel.

Thanks for sharing your tag at Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

Anonymous said...

Hi
Wonderful effect on the background of your tag, bubble wrap is fun to use for this style of background.
Great colours and stamping.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great tag, wonderful background and London images. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Theresa's Studio said...

Interesting technique that you used. Have to give this a try. Great tag...love all the London things. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends. Hope to see you again next week.

Angela Drummond said...

Great tag, thanks for joining us at ATCs and Cards with attitude

Designing with Debbie said...

WOW great way to recycle and creating a new technique. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Terry said...

Wow for the bubble wrap and this fabulous city tag! Love the design! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!