Wednesday 2 May 2012

Feeling"Ruff"

For this card I decided to make a get well card for a dog lover, corny sentiment on it I know, but the old gags are still most often the best gags.

I used a digi image from Inklined for the main part, coloured this with a combination of pro and flexmarkers, you will notice a theme when it comes to my colouring these days, firstly it has no connection to the euphamism used in Sex & The City, secondly I always combine the two pen types as this gives me a better result.  I'm not saying it's the way to use the pens, I am just stating that it works for me.

I the cut out the image using Spellbinders labels something (I'm sure Sue Wilson would be able to tell which ones they are), which as we all know when run through again with a tan mat they emboss as well, which is exactly what I did.  I then used the same labels to cut the matts and layered the image up.  Then I backed an A5 card blank with the poorly (look at them, they are green!) looking dogs and then mounted the image on.  I had the sentiment in a bone shape from a magazine (Making Cards, the backing paper is also from there) and mounted this onto a piece of card to make it more sturdy then I cut round the bone shape.

I would like to enter this card in to the following Challenges:









Can anyone tell I've found the Macro setting on my new camera?

9 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Jacqui,,, what a fabulous get well card. It made me smile. Thank you for entering the Craft Room challenge this fortnight. Suzanne :)

Zoechaos said...

Oh yes, this would give anyone who was feeling under the weather a boost. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Rom Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Esther said...

Oh Dear he does look Ruff ! great card to cheer someone up who's poorly...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Debi said...

your card and sentiment made me smile, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

CraftyDaffy said...

What an adorable project...sure to bring a smile to someone on the mend. xx Denise

Maria said...

What a fabulous image and sentiment, this will bring a smile to anyone's face :-). Thanks for joining in with our "Emboss It" theme over at the Craft-Room and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

oheidia said...

Hi Jax.Love your card! The image is really great and your coloring is also fab:)
Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:)

Kimberly said...

Great image...love the wrinkles on the dog...super adorable..thanks for joining us at PFP this week.

Vixykins said...

Thank You for entering my Brights & Lights challenge at Passion for Promarkers with your beautiful card x